Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sammy eats baby food and other tid bits of the week



This week Sammy had his first try at eating baby food. It was bananas. He doesn't open his mouth as wide and anxious as Benji did, but he still liked it.
We are also really excited to be going to Bolivia soon. we leave on Nov. 6 and will be back on the 21st. Had I known when I bought the tickets that New Moon would be out on the 20th I would have made the reservations for a week earlier. And right now I am fighting terribly hard to control my desire to see it on the 22nd, which is a Sunday.
I also received a letter this week from one of my baptisms from El Salvador. He has been on his mission for 8 months now and is a District Leader and Trainer. When I got the letter and read it I couldn't help but to cry.

6 comments:

Crystal Copeland said...

Holy Cow! He's eating food already? How old is he? Gee, my doctor wouldn't let me start Connor on food like that til he was like 5-6 mos I think. He' growing up fast.....as they all do.

Yo Mama said...

Katina,
He is adorable! I can't get over that hair. And those cheeks. Keep on with the solids so he can get bigger cheeks. I love em!

Emily said...

That is so cool about your baptism from your mission. :) Your little guy is adorable and have fun in Boliva and I will for sure tell you when the open house is!

Stephanie said...

Oh Katina...that makes me want to cry too. We were so lucky to have the priviledge of teaching him. I still remember how we were hesitant because we thought he was so young. What an amazing kid.

Donna said...

I wish Miles and Sammy could play together! He is such a doll!

Unknown said...

We are completely immersed into the babyfood stage here.

I hope you get home safe.

And YOU BETTER WAIT UNTIL MONDAY...be the example Katina.

What would your little missionary think if he knew that you were out to the movies on the Sabbath?

that is awesome news..i would have cried too.