Sunday, January 24, 2010

New goals and Sprained ankles

Every year I always make a resolution to get into good physical shape. To do this I have set a plan of healthy eating and vigorous exercise 6 days a week. To be completely honest I have done great. I actually shock myself that I have kept this goal for 2 weeks. Normally it would stop after a few days. Well, that all changed into week 3. I was still super motivated to do keep my resolution Monday Night as I finished up my Zumba Class at the gym. I headed over to my parents house just to visit awhile. As I was leaving I was startled by a loud banging noise coming from beyond the neighbors privacy fence. I turned to run back in the house when my foot caught onto something and my ankle hit the ground before my foot. It hurt so bad. So I was laying on my parents walk way screaming in pain, trying to find my phone so I could call my dad to come outside and help me. Needless to say I was concerned about a fracture b/c I have had sprains before and they never hurt this bad. However due to the fact that I have no insurance I refused to go to the hospital. Luckily it was just a sprain....a really bad one and the only good part about it is that Benji feels the need to kiss my foot and ask me if I feel better every 5 minutes. So after 5 days of not moving at all I am starting to gimp around. But I am severely discouraged about my resolution. I have lost all momentum. Good pick-me ups, encouragement and advice are highly needed from all who read.

5 comments:

Teresa Johnson said...

Awww, so sorry to hear! We both have had our share of sprained ankels. About your resolution, there's so many other excercises you can do without being on your feet. Also, as long as you eat healthy you should be ok until you can heal....I've been doing the Weight Watchers program on my own for almost 3 weeks now and I've lost 7 pounds (only 2 to go)...with little to no excercise! So, you can do it! Don't give up! (((HUGS)))

Stephanie said...

That is really frustrating! I would suggest give yourself the time you need to get over the sprain and reset the goal starting on a particular day so then you don't feel like you have to make up for lost time! You can do it.

Also, I never posted on your last blog but I think it's cool that you waited to bless Sammi in Bolivia with Albert's family. Very cool.

erin said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Katina! I know how frustrating it is when you're doing really well at working out and then something happens to keep you from doing it. It has happened to me before. Just keep eating well and get back out there as soon as our ankle stops hurting. You can do it!

Katy Beth said...

Bless your heart! I know that is so difficlut. An injury is what made me quit figure skating. After that I had the worst time finding motivation too. But you gotta do it, for you & your family! You'll get back out there if you set you mind to it. And if you need a kick in the butt to do it, there are plenty of friends for that :P

Lindsey Rose said...

That stinks! I hope it gets feeling better. Good work on the goal, keep it up!