Saturday, March 7, 2009

Husbands say the darndest things too

MY friend Lindsay Rose wrote a blog about her children saying the darnedest things. It was really funny. She invite all her read to write their own. Well, Benji really hasn't conquered the whole English / Spanish ordeal yet so he hasn't had much opportunity.
However, My husband, who is also trying to conquer the whole English/Spanish ordeal has plenty of opportunities to say the darnedest thing.
2 nights ago we were visiting with my dad at my Uncle's house because my dad is taking care of my uncle and he was bored one night. While we were there one of my unlce's friends from his church passed by to see how he was doing. My dad was telling him how Albert and I met on our mission. Then Albert blurts out "She made love to me in El Salvador" My dad's jaw dropped. This man was stunned and I just looked down and started laughing. I corrected him at that point, " Albert I think you wanted to say I fell in love with you in El Salvador" At that point both my dad and this man started laughing and Albert asked what he said. When I told him he started laughing too.

10 comments:

Emily said...

That is too funny!!!! :)

Crystal Copeland said...

Funny, Funny stuff! Lee and I both got a good laugh out of this one!

Katy Beth said...

Haha! That is pretty good. Poor guy, one day he'll get it!

Unknown said...

I needed this laugh today...hope you are laughing too. I hate seeing you all worked up. Life's too short to not laugh more often.

Teresa Johnson said...

HAHAHA!!! That's so funny! Good one Albert!

Kaha Tahi said...

Oh my gosh I just about wet myself! THAT IS INCREDIBLE! Miss you!

Yo Mama said...

Moments like those are rare and treasured. i would have laughed my face off.

erin said...

Wow, I didn't know there were missions like that. That is a great story.

Lindsey Rose said...

That is sooo funny! I love it!

mary said...

lol! i love this!!

Hi Katina!! My name is Mary Alisa - I was Hermana Allens missionary companion in the MTC and served with you guys in el salvador. your family is so beautiful! love all your pics!