Saturday, October 11, 2008

Albert



I have decided to give you a thorough background on every member of my Family. and since Albert is my Husband He is first.


Albert was born on June 22nd in Santa Cruz de La Sierra, Bolivia. His Father is Ricardo Angola who is African Bolivian. And his mother is Teresa Torrez of Spanish decent. He has one sister, Susana Gabriella and 2 brothers Mauricio and Fernando.


Albert had a hard childhood, one so hard that he really doesn't like to talk about his first 8 years. He grew up in a poverty stricken home where sometimes the only food they had for weeks was old bread and what little breast milk his mother could produce. Some of you might think, "eew!! Breast Milk!?" But what would you do if your children were on the verge of starvation and that was the only thing that was keeping them alive?


After he turned 9, Albert's family started doing much better. Albert's father trained in electrical mechanics which in turn brought about $300 a month into their home. For Bolivia, that would be middle class. No longer suffering, Albert started doing alot better in school. He didn't have to hold down a part time job. ( He sold newspapers from 5-8 years old, 6 hours a day) He started enjoying his youth and his mother now claims that maybe he enjoyed it a little too much. (she always says that with a smile on her face) He was no stranger to causing or organizing all sorts of trouble, From setting stink bombs off in his school to accidentally drowning his mother's prized Rooster, (she didn't know this was his fault until he told her the story 12 years and one wife later)


When Albert was 11, their were a lot of killings going on in his town and the only way the bodies were identified was through their tattoos. So him and his friends, wanting only to be identified if something bad happened, got tattoos. His friends went first, getting skulls and other scary stuff tattooed on their arms and backs. Albert being the kind of person he is, innocent and sweet, got Mickey Mouse on his leg above the knee. I didn't know he had a tattoo until I saw it one day. I had to ask what it was due to the fact that now it is stretched out and covered in hair.


Even though Albert's family were members of the church all his life, he didn't get baptized until he was 14 years old due to the fact that when he made a commitment to keep the commandments he would stick to it, and at the time he didn't want to give up playing soccer on sundays.

His last year in "high school" he was named senior class president and organized many activities for his fellow classmates.

At the age of 19, Albert received his mission call to the El Salvador San Salvador mission. He was a senior companion, a trainer and a District Leader. Many families were blessed by him.

A year to the day after he returned from his mission, We were married.

Now, Albert enjoys playing soccer, watching soccer and teaching our Son, Benji, everything he knows about Soccer.

I never knew what love was until Albert came into my life. He is everything I could have hoped for and wanted in a husband and father. He is the man of my dreams.

4 comments:

Emily said...

What a wonderful man you married! Thanks for sharing Katina!

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi said...

I learned so much more! Thanks for sharing Katina, I look forward to reading about the rest of your family! (don't forget yourself too, I need to know your history) :-P ....You married a good man.

Jenn C said...

I really like this idea. I might have to try it myself. I can't wait to read about the rest of your family!

P.S.-Check out Hailey B.'s blog for a fun party idea-think Twilight!

Unknown said...

I like getting to know Albert better.

I am so glad that he got to have an easier childhood...it kills me to think about children starving.

We are indeed blessed.

And Albert is so fun...glad you brought him to the states.