Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bolivia-*please pray*

This post is more of a favor asker than anything. As most of you know my husband is from Bolivia. I was married there and lived there for a year. I feel like Bolivia is my home. We have family there and so many wonderful memories. Right now Bolivia is in a political crisis. For reasons only known to the many people involved, my second country is on the brink of being torn by civil war.
2 days ago the church took out all the North American missionaries out of Bolivia and has sent them to Peru. The US embassy has been thrown out and the US government is flying out American Citizen by charter plane and helicopter. The worst part about that is, if we had stayed in Bolivia, I would have been on the plane and have had to leave my husband. I wasn't the only American citizen married to a Bolivian there, I cant imagine the pain of that separation.
I cant even describe how much it hurts to hear about the violence that is going on there. Or worse, when I see my husband worried and crying over the family we left there.
So at this time I ask for your prayers. Not only for the Angola family in Bolivia but for the church members, the people who have lost loved ones already and for the government. We would greatly appreciate it.

3 comments:

Lindsey Rose said...

Wow that is really scary! Our prayers will dfefinitely be with your family and the country. I am so glad you guys are here and safe!

Unknown said...

Consider the prayers done.

God be with all of the members of the church and especially Albert's family.

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi said...

Oh goodness! That is very scary, I am glad you and Albert are here. Don and I will pray for your family, the church members, torn apart familes, and the country. So very sad...