Saturday, September 6, 2008

Elder Bednard and Benji

I just got back from Stake Conference with Elder Bednard. It was amazing. Just being in the same room as an apostle of the lord makes you feel the Spirit. He gave an excellent message but that is not what I wanted to right about. Like always I want to write about Benji and his experience with an apostle. Obviously he didn't listen intently to the messages, but afterword Albert and I, with Benji went to shake Elder Bednard's hand. When we got in front of him. Benji reached his arms out to him like he wanted to be held by him. Albert was holding him and was speaking to Elder Bednard so he didn't realize what Benji was trying to do. When Benji realized that he was going to be held by him he settled for touching his face. Now, anyone who knows Benji knows that he is not a touchy feely kinda kid, and especially does not like to be held, but As we spoke to Elder Bednard, Benji touched his face, and his hands. It was like he knew or he had a stronger testimony of who this man was than any other person in the room and he just had to be near him.

4 comments:

Holly said...

What a sweet story!

Holly

Lindsey Rose said...

that is a great story! Their really is something amazing about being in the presence of an apostle of the Lord! It is amazing that kids can feel the importance and the spirit. That is soo sweet.

Emily said...

That is beautiful Katina! Thanks for sharing this :)

Unknown said...

Katina,

I didn't even stick around to watch this happen. I was too busy getting out of there before more people realized that I cut in line.

he he

Benji is so sweet.

And, I hate to be the know it all (not really) but I have to tell you that it's Elder Bednar not Elder Bednard.