Friday, November 28, 2008

Benji and Thanksgiving...Is he still alive?

YESSSSS HE IS!!!!!!!! If you read one of my previous post about Benji's Thanksgiving day Curse, you will understand why I was so worried about this day.
Two night ago I had nightmares all day long about it. First I dreamt that Benji ran out into traffic and got hit by a car. When I finally went back to sleep, I dreamt that he was attacked by a dog. After that I decided not to go back to sleep.
Thanksgiving day got here and I was prepared........



At the Turkey bowl I was on that kid like White on rice. I got really nervous when the new family in the ward brought their huge German Shepherd/Great Dane mix dog. I got even more nervous when Benji took off into a hard run straight at the dog. He is a fast little booger.
The day almost turned bad when I was distracted for 30 seconds.
Albert came over to talk to me. I turned around and the next thing I know Albert has a look of terror on his face. 3 large players were going after a football and Benji was right where they were all going to knock into each other. Albert got to him, grabbed him and turned around right when they all collided. Albert received the blunt of the collision with his back turned hovering over Benji. Benji walked away just fine, even a little mad at Albert for interrupting his play, and Albert walked away with a big bruise on his back from the blow. Better him with a bruise then Benji with a couple of broken bones.
The rest of the day went by without any problems And that was what I was most thankful for on Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You just have to wonder why in the world a kid would ever get hurt on Thanksgiving when his parents let him wander around on a football field?

Hey, i thought you were going to stay home...glad he survived.

And, maybe that leash wasn't such a bad idea...at least on the football field. ;)

Emily said...

Maybe this year breaks the curse!

Lindsey Rose said...

I am so glad he survived! He is so dang cute I would hate anything to happen to him! WHEW!