Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Loving a child

I have decided that I am not very good yet at this blogging thing, but I am inspired by some blogs I have read from Alice Gold and Lindsey Rose. Life experiences are always something that should be shared. I had one today. Before I tell about it let me give a quick update. My Parents now have custody of my niece who will be 2 in October. She never sees her mother. Today I went over to my parents house to watch her for a couple of hours. When it was time to leave, she started crying and calling me mama. It broke my heart. I look at Benji and I think how lucky I am to be a mother. I wouldn't trade it for anything. But how many women out there take their calling as a mother so lightly that a child can be confused about who there mother really is. If I could be the mother of every unwanted child in the world and let them feel real love I would in a heartbeat. Aside from Albert, Benji is my world. Sometimes I cant help but stare at him for hours and it is never boring. So to my son...I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I live, my baby you'll be.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I TOTALLY feel the same way. I hope I end up with 50 adoptable kids.

And, I pray that mothers everywhere will begin to understand the true joy of loving a child.

Lindsey Rose said...

You really are a great mom and Benji is so lucky to have you. That is so neat that you can be that motherly example to Gabby too. Kids are truly gifts from heaven.